Our vision of teaching and learning in Kelmscott School is to ensure it provides the best possible opportunity for students of all abilities and backgrounds to reach their fullest potential.
At the heart of our vision is a commitment to equality of opportunity and a celebration of diversity. Our motto 'Putting Learning First' is a testament to our belief in the importance of the child and our recognition that achievement will occur where students are nurtured in a highly engaging and safe environment where learning is paramount.
We understand the importance of teaching and learning within the classroom whilst also recognising the need to promote learning through all other areas of the schools work, such as our impressive co-curricular offer.
Our vision is to ensure that all staff understand the link between good teaching and effective learning and therefore strive continually to improve their practice in order to make their lessons the very best they can be. The five-year learning journey is designed to be exciting, engaging and awe inspiring.
Our ultimate vision is to ensure that through our teaching and learning policy we equip our students with the skills, knowledge and understanding, to take their place as valued citizens who are confident on a global stage.
We also work hard to develop the character of our students. Our five-year character development programme explicitly teaches the character traits young people will need to excel in our community and beyond.
1. To encourage an atmosphere of the highest expectations and the pursuit of excellence.
2. To ensure every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
3. To provide a broad and balanced curriculum which enables students to achieve their best in all areas of their educational experience.
4. To establish the school as a centre of learning which aims to raise standards.
5. To provide an exciting co-curricular offer that dovetails with our curriculum offer.
6. To offer the same opportunity to all students